Many DStv decorders needs reset maybe if you notice an e16 error display notice. There are 2 methods in resetting your decoder, namely, SMS and the eazy DStv self service. This guide is to clear the e16 error notice, preventing you to fully enjoy the amazing features and channels of DSTV decoders.
Requirements before resetting DSTV decorder
Before getting started with reseting your DSTV decorder, either DSTV HD or Explora decorder, please note the following:
- Make sure your decoder is well connected to the power source to receive any command.
- Ensure you connect the smartcard to the decoder properly.
SMS method to reset DSTV decorder
Using SMS method is one that is quick and easy to comprehend.
To reset your DSTV decorder using the SMS method, follow the steps below:
- Send SMS “RESET ” accompanied by your ” smartcard number” to 30333 (for Nigerians only).
- You will receive a confirmation message informing you that your request is being processed. Check after a while if your decorder is back to normal.
DSTV self service method to reset DSTv decorders
To get started in resetting your DSTv decorders using the DSTv self service online portal, please folow the steps below:
- Visit the DStv website and select your country, either Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, e.t.c.
- Sign in to your account with your surname or mobile number and your smartcard number.
- Click on “Fix Errors.”
- Enter your smartcard number in the dialogue box provided.
- Select the “E16” error option (most times it already there selected).
- Enter the text displayed in the captcha box. Click on “Fix Error.” The error will be fixed immediately, and your subscribed channels will be unscrambled.
These are the two methods to reset a DSTv decorder when experiencing e16 error on DSTV as long as every other thing is okay with your decoder and dish antenna.
If these two options do not work and you do not know the reason for the error, you can visit one of their service centres or call the DSTV customer care.