Nigeria has over 25+ banks operating actively. Having their USSD codes is usually a problem to some people. Here i present a full list of all Nigeria banks and their codes to make operations like check account balance, transfer using USSD codes, make direct recharges from bank with codes and so on.
We have compiled Diamond Bank Transfer Code, UBA Transfer Code, UBA Internet Banking, First Bank Transfer Code, Ecobank Transfer Code, Union Bank Transfer Code, Access Bank Code, GTBank Transfer Code, Zenith Bank Code, Polaris Bank Transfer Code, Code To Check BVN, Fidelity Bank Transfer Code, Wema Bank Transfer Code, Access Bank USSD Code, Sterling Bank Transfer Code), e.t.c.
Bank transfer codes in Nigeria has become inevitable that most bank’s customers who use the (financial institution) Nigerian banks resort to instead of their physical presence in banks for transactions.
How many Banks are in Nigeria
There are 27 banks in Nigeria presently as at October 2020.
Nairametrics.com says — Some of the banks that survived did that through mergers and acquisition. Today, there are 27 banks in Nigeria. The reform also resulted in the enhancement of the quality of banks in Nigeria, improved its financial stability and contribution to the economy.
List of All Bank Transfer/USSD codes in Nigeria
We have compiled a full list of Nigerian Bank transfer codes using the mobile transfer Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) code. Simple ways to use the Nigerian banks USSD codes are outlined below:
Bank Mobile USSD/transfer codes in Nigeria:
- GTBank USSD code: Dial, *737#
- Diamond/Access Bank: Simply dial, *901#.
- FCMB Bank USSD code: Dial, *329#
- First Bank of Nigeria USSD code: Dial, *894#
- EcoBank USSD code: Dial, *326#.
- Fidelity Bank USSD code: Dial, *770#.
- Heritage Bank USSD Code: Dial, *322#
- Zenith Bank USSD Code: Dial, *966#
- Keystone Bank USSD Code: Dial,*322*082#
- Polaris Bank USSD code: Dial, *833#
- Stanbic IBTC Bank USSD code: Dial, *909#
- Union Bank USSD Code: Dial, *389*038#
- Sterling Bank USSD Code: Dial, *822#
- Unity Bank USSD Code: Dial, *389*215#
- UBA Magic Banking USSD code: Dial, *919#
- Wema Bank USSD code: Dial,*945#
- Jaiz Bank USSD code: Dial, *389*301#
We will be taking a look at all banking codes in Nigeria, and then we will show you how to use these codes when you want to carry out a transaction fast and easily. First, let’s talk about something all of these banks have, that’s BVN. We will be sharing the Code to Check BVN first, then we will move to the other banking codes we need to talk about.
1. GTBank USSD Transfer Code
The GTB Transfer Code is *737#. This code is perfect for transfers, subscriptions, and airtime top-ups.
GTBank USSD Codes
- Account Opening — *737*0#
- Third-Party top-up — *737*amount*recipient’s mobile no#
- Airtime (Self) — *737*Amount#
- GTB transfer Code (GTBank) – *737*1*Amount*Nuban#
- GTB transfer Code (Other Banks) — *737*2*Amount*Nuban
- Cardless Withdrawal — *737*3*Amount#
- Fast Track Deposit — *737*48*Amount*Nuban#
- Data Purchase — *737*4#
- Account Balance/Account No/ BVN — 737*6*1#
- Salary Advance — *737*8*2#
2. Diamond/Access Bank Transfer Code
The Diamond/Access Bank Transfer USSD Code is *901#. Access bank acquired Diamond sometime last year, so there was some sort of merger. You can transfer to both Access and other bank accounts, you can load airtime and conduct virtually all your bank-related transactions easily.
Diamond/Access Bank Transfer USSD Codes
- Change Pin — *901*0#
- Check Balance — *901*00#
- Airtime to Self — *901*Amount#
- Airtime to Others — *901*Amount*Phone Number#
- Transfers — *901*Amount*Account Number#
- Opt-Out (NB: This service is also available to non-Access Bank customers) — *901*911#
- LCC Toll Account Top-up — *901*000*522+eTag Number+Amount#
3. UBA Transfer Code
UBA Transfer Code is *919#. You will then be given options that you can easily follow to do anything. You can check your balance, top-up airtime, and even make transfers to both UBA and non-UBA accounts super-fast.
Here’s how to install UBA mobile banking app.
UBA USSD Codes
- Airtime to Self — *919*amount#
- Check Balance — *919*00#
- Airtime to Others — *919*Phone Number* Amount#
- UBA Transfer Code to UBA — *919*3*account number*amount#
- Transfer to Prepaid Card — *919*32#
- UBA Transfer Code Other Banks — *919*4*account number*amount#
- Pay Bills — *919*5#
- ATM Cardless Withdrawal — *919*30*Amount#
- Airline Ticket Menu — *919*12#
- Africa World Airline — *919*12*394#
- Egypt Air — *919*12*077#
- Ethopian Airline — *919*12*071#
- Lufthansa — *919*12*220#
4. First Bank Transfer Code
The First Bank Transfer Code is *894#. I have included all the USSD codes below, to make your life a ton easier.
First Bank USSD Codes
- First Bank Transfer Code (To any bank in Nigeria) — *894*Amount*Account Number#
- Airtime Recharge – for self — *894*Amount#
- Airtime Recharge –for others — *894*Amount*Phone Number#
- Balance Enquiry — *894*00#
5. Ecobank Transfer Code
The Ecobank Transfer Code is *326#. These codes can be used for all types of transfers, from airtime top-up to interbank transfers. Let’s take a look at a complete list of Eco bank USSD Codes.
Ecobank USSD Codes
- Airtime Recharge — *326*1*Amount#
6. Union Bank Transfer Code
The Union Bank Transfer Code is *826#. You can use any of these codes for transfers, airtime, and interbank transfers.
Union Bank USSD Codes
- Union Bank Transfer Code for Union Bank — *826*1*amount*account no#
- For other banks — *826*2*amount*account no#
- Third-party airtime — *826*amount*recipient’s mobile no#
- Self-top-up — *826*amount#
7. Zenith Bank Code
Zenith Bank Code for transfers is *966#. This code can be used for virtually all transactions on the Zenith bank platform. Here is a list of other USSD shortcodes:
Zenith Bank USSD Codes
- Check Balance — *966*00#
- Zenith Bank Code to Buy Airtime — *966*Amount*Mobile Number#
- Zenith Bank Code to Transfer Money — *966*Amount*Account Number#
- Pay Bills — *966*6*Biller code*Amount#
- Transaction over 100K — 966*60#
- Update VPN — *966*BVN#
8. Polaris Bank Transfer Code
The Polaris Bank Transfer Code is *833#. Here are other codes that can be used for transactions on your phone.
Polaris Bank USSD Codes
- Open Account — *833*1#
- Pay Bills — *833*2#
- Polaris Bank Transfer Code — *833*Amount*Account Number#
- Check Balance — *833*6#
- Airtime — *833*AMOUNT#
9. Fidelity Bank Transfer Code
The Fidelity Bank Transfer Code (USSD) is *770#. You can easily conduct transactions on your mobile with the dial of a few buttons. Here is a complete list of the USSD Codes for Fidelity bank:
Fidelity Bank USSD Codes
- Recharge self — *770*AMOUNT#
- Recharge Others — *770*PHONE*AMOUNT#
- Fidelity Bank Transfer Code — *770*ACCOUNT*AMOUNT#
- Cardless withdrawal — *770*8*AMOUNT#
- Pay Bills — *770*CODE*SMART CARD NUMBER*AMOUNT#
- Pin Change — *770*00#
- Balance Check — *770*0#
- BVN — *770*02#
- Block Card — *770*911#
- Alert Types — *770*2#
10. Wema Bank Transfer Code
The Wema Bank Transfer Code (USSD) is *945#. This code can be used to carry out all types of transactions from your Wema bank account straight from your mobile phone. Here are the other Wema Bank USSD Codes:
Wema Bank USSD Codes
- Wema Bank Transfer Code — *945*beneficiaryaccountnumber*amount#
- Buy Airtime — *945*phone Number*amount#
- Balance Enquiry — *945*0#
- Change PIN — *945*00#
- Get your Account Number — *945*000#
- Open Account — *945*1#
- Change account number — *945*2*oldaccountnumber*newaccountnumber#
- Account Reactivation — *945*5#
- Send Money to phone/email — *945*6*amount#
- Receive/ redeem money — *945*7*confirmationnumber*amount#
- Cash-on-the-Go — *945*8*amount#
- Remita Payment — *945*9*RRR#
- Card Control — *945*11*last four digits of card pan number#
- Pay-with-Mobile — *945*12*amount#
- Receive Western Union — *945*14*MTCN*amount#
- Generate OTP — *945*15#
- DSTV Subscription — *945*16*smartcardnumber#
- GoTV Subscription — *945*17*smartcardnumber#
- Startimes Payments — *945*18*smartcardnumber*amount#
- EKO AND IKEJA DISCO — *945*19*metrenumber*amount#
- Smile Subscription Payments — *945*20*idnumber#
- Swift4GBroadband subscription — *945*21*idnumber*amount#
- Merchant Payment — *945*22*MERCHANTCODE*amount#
- LCC PAYMENT — *945*23*LCC account number*AMOUNT#
11. Jaiz Bank USSD Code for Mobile Banking
The Jaiz transfer code is 389301#
12. Stanbic Bank Mobile Money Transfer Code
The Stanbic mobile money transfer code offers fund transfer, purchase airtime for self, purchase airtime for others, to pay bills using the code, among others. Simply dial the USSD code *909# to enjoy stanbic bank previleges.
13. Sterling Bank Mobile Money Transfer Code
The Sterling Bank Mobile money transfer code is easy and simple to use.
Sterling Bank USSD Codes
Simply dial: *822# to get started.
- Create your bank account: *822*7#
- Transfer money to another Sterling Bank account: *822*4*Amount*Account Number#
- To transfer funds to an account in another bank: *822*5*Amount*Account Number#
- Recharge airtime for yourself: *822*Amount#
- Recharge airtime for others: *822*Amount*Phone Number#
- Check your account balance: *822*6#.
- Reset your PIN: *822*9#
- Check your account number: *822*8#.
Code to Check BVN from any Bank in Nigeria
The code to check BVN for all of these banks is 5650#. This code to check bank verification numbers can be used for all Nigerian banks, and it works on all networks. This code will work on all networks, and it works on all banks, from GTBank to even Polaris bank…any Nigerian bank. Each text will cost N20. To receive any kind of reply, you should make a request using the number you have registered at your bank. So, since the Code to Check BVN is out of the way, let’s talk about the UBA Transfer Code.